Apple, Pear and Banana Crumble
This apple, pear and banana crumble is so easy to make and is really delicious too. There is no added sugar so is perfect for little ones at enjoy. If left in the fridge to cool the fruit will soak into the crumble, making it easier for babies to pick up to feed themselves.
Don’t worry if you do not have a steamer blender, you can simply heat the ingredients in a pan and blend afterwards.
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 pear
- 1/2 banana
- 40g oats
- 20g plain flour
- 30g butter
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Chop the fruit into small cubes.
- Put the fruit into the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender.
- Set the machine to steam for 10 minutes and then blend for 1 minute.
- As you are waiting for the fruit to steam and blend, prepare the crumble topping by putting the oats, flour and butter into a bowl and rub together until crumbly in texture (this makes a good helping of crumble. If you only like a little bit of crumble on the top then simply half the ingredients used).
- Once the tommee tippee machine has finished, pour the blended fruit into an oven dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping onto the fruit and bake for half an hour until golden.
- Allow to cool and serve with greek yogurt. Alternatively, to make it easier for your little ones to pick it up to feed themselves, leave the crumble in the fridge so that the fruit mixture soaks into the topping.
*If you do not have the blender steamer then simply heat the ingredients in a pan over a moderate heat until the fruit is soft. Either use as it is or blend to the desired consistency for your little ones to enjoy.
For more meal inspiration check out our Food section on our blog. If you would like to know more about how we have weaned our babies there is a lot of information in our Baby-Led Weaning and Weaning Twins posts too.
Happy eating! Love, The Foxfairies x