This vegetable chilli recipe is full of delicious ingredients and is extremely healthy too. Using the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender makes it so easy to prepare, you’ll end up making this meal regularly for your little ones! Of course this recipe can be adapted by adding meat if you wish. Don’t worry if you do not have a steamer blender, you can simply heat the ingredients in a pan and blend afterwards.
- 30g sweet potato
- 30g red kidney beans
- 60g chopped tomatoes
- 20g red pepper
- 10g red onion
- 5g spinach
- 3tsp tomato purée
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Spices to taste – paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper
- Chop the vegetables into small cubes.
- Place all ingredients into the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender.
- Set the tommee tippee baby food steamer blender to steam for 10 minutes and blend for 1 minute (depending on how chunky you would like it, blend for less time if a more lumpy consistency is required).
- Once the machine has finished you can remove the container and serve the vegetable chilli with an accompaniment of your choice – my babies love this meal with rice or pasta.
*If you do not have the blender steamer then simply heat the ingredients in a pan over a moderate heat until the vegetables are soft. Either serve as it is or blend vegetables to the desired consistency for your little ones to enjoy.
For more meal inspiration check out our Food section on our blog. If you would like to know more about how we have weaned our babies there is a lot of information in our Baby-Led Weaning and Weaning Twins posts too.
Happy eating! Love, The Foxfairies x