Baby Snack Ideas
If you follow us on our Foxfairy Twins Instagram Page, you’ll know how much we have enjoyed the weaning journey. Finding new flavours and textures for our babies to enjoy has been such an exciting adventure. One aspect of weaning that we have had lots of fun experimenting with are the different snacks that we offer our babies each day. I always try to offer a selection of colours, flavours, textures and tastes for each meal so that they get used a eating a variety of foods. Here is a list of our top baby snacks:
- Smooth Peanut Butter on Sliced Banana. These are so easy to put together and are really filling! (Remember to test for nut allergies beforehand)
3. Soft Cheese and Pesto on Rice Cakes, accompanied with Roughly Cut Spinach and Chopped Cherry Tomatoes. This was a snack that I put together using ingredients from the fridge and it’s become one of our favourites!
4. Greek Yogurt with Strawberries, Grapes and a Sprinkling of Oats. Aware that many yogurts which are aimed at children have a lot sugar in them, I decided to experiment flavouring Greek yogurt with different fruits to naturally sweeten it instead. Our babies love it. The great thing about this is that you can add any sort of chopped fruit to it, so the variations are endless. I even sprinkle some oats into it if the babies are very hungry.
5. A Hard Boiled Egg with Avocado Wedges. This is a great snack for hungry babies.
6. Cheese Straws. We have a very simple recipe on how to make Cheese Straws on our blog. You can serve with pesto or tomato purée to introduce different flavours.
7. Beetroot Houmous on Oat Cakes with Cucumber Sticks. This is a really fun snack to make for your little ones. It’s a great way of flavouring plain houmous as well as exposing them to different coloured foods! Simply blend a small amount of beetroot into houmous and spread onto oat cakes. Serve with a side of vegetables, such as cucumber sticks.
8. Banana Pancakes. These are one of the most versatile things I make for our babies. These pancakes can be served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack. Follow our simple recipe on our blog to find out how to make Easy Banana Pancakes and serve with an accompaniment of fruits.
9. Red Pepper Sticks with Houmous Dip. Perfect for helping babies to practise their hand-eye co-ordination. You could always substitute the houmous for soft cheese if you wanted to give your babies a snack with more calcium.
10. Cheesy Vegetable Flapjacks. I absolutely love making these for our babies. Not only are they extremely tasty, they have lots of vegetables in them too. Find our recipe of how to make Cheesy Vegetable Flapjacks on our blog.
11. Sliced Banana with Avocado Wedges. Another great snack to satisfy hungry babies. You could always accompany it with oat or rice cakes if you wanted to add more substance to it.
13. Houmous on Seeded Toast with Sliced Fruits. Very quick and simple to put together. Mix it up with an assortment of sliced fruits.
13. Frozen Banana with Fruits. This is like banana ice-cream without the added sugar or cream. It’s extremely delicious and prefect for those hot, summer days. Simply freeze a banana, blend it up with a drop of milk and serve with a variety of fruits.
For more meal inspiration check out our Food section on our blog. If you would like to know more about how we have weaned our babies there is a lot of information in our Baby-Led Weaning and Weaning Twins posts too.
Happy eating! Love, The Foxfairies x