These cheese straws are a perfect a little snack for you and your baby.
- 40g of grated cheddar cheese
- 85g plain flour
- 40g butter
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add in the butter.
- Using your finger tips, rub in the butter until it creates breadcrumbs.
- Add in the cheese and then the egg (save a tiny bit of the egg for glazing at the end). Mix altogether using a knife and then bring the dough together using your hands.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface, making it 1/2 cm thick. Cut out the straws and place onto the baking tray. You can have fun by experimenting with the shape of the straws e.g. twisting them, laying them flat and adding patterns using a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. To add different flavours you can serve with pesto or tomato purée.
For more meal inspiration check out our Food section on our blog. If you would like to know more about how we have weaned our babies there is a lot of information in our Baby-Led Weaning and Weaning Twins posts too.
Happy eating! Love, The Foxfairies x