Chicken and Vegetable Curry
Wanting to make sure we gave our babies lots of opportunities to experience different tastes and textures, this chicken and vegetable curry ticks both of these boxes.
- Cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 courgette
- 2 florets of broccoli
- 1/6 aubergine
- 3 mushrooms
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tsp of tomato purée
- Spices to taste (paprika / cayenne pepper / turmeric / black pepper)
- 100ml water
- Put a portion of rice on to boil.
- Chop the courgette, broccoli, aubergine, mushrooms and spinach into small chunks.
- Fry the vegetables in a pan for 5 minutes (I dry fry it or in a tiny amount of water to avoid adding oil to the meal). Add the chopped tomatoes, curry powder, tomato purée and spices.
- Pour the water into the pan and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add the shredded chicken and serve on top of boiled rice.
Top tips: I always cook a whole chicken and portion it out into plastic bags to freeze so that I have just enough chicken per meal. It’s a lot cheaper than buying just chicken breasts and you get so much more chicken! This meal can be frozen into small portions for future meals. You can substitute the rice for mashed sweet potato for a change.
For more meal inspiration check out our Food section on our blog. If you would like to know more about how we have weaned our babies there is a lot of information in our Baby-Led Weaning and Weaning Twins posts too.
Happy eating! Love, The Foxfairies x